I don’t believe in Astrology, but I enjoy learning about the constellations.
I think the personality traits of one’s astrology sign are aplicable to whoever and whatever you want. If you read something and think, “Hey, that sounds just like me!” then you’d probably believe it, and vice versa. I think they’re just broad assumptions of typical personality traits associated with elemental and mammalian figures.
Pisces is shy, creative, feminine, in tune with one’s “sixth sense”, and a daydreamer. Well, I could agree with any of those, but a lot of the time I’m pretty out going, logical, and boy-ish. Soooo…. I call bullshit on astrology.
1. I have freckles on one side of my face. Along with other weird hiding spots. (Palms, tips of fingers, heels etc. etc.)
2. I’m the youngest girl on my dad’s side of approx. 30 cousins.
3. I’m 1/16 Blackfoot Nation Native American, from my mom’s side.
4. The rest is Irish from my dad, and French from my mom again.
5. I secretly love to sing, and you’re a rare find in the world if you’ve heard me do it at full volume.
6. I’m actually really good at singing.
7. I don’t usually eat dark meat, or beef. I physically cannot digest undercooked steak and beef products.
8. I write a lot. My biggest writing influences are W. Faulkner, L. Cohen, and S. Plath, and N. Harbin.
9. I love clothes. Most of the time it looks like I just threw my outfit on, but I usually put a bit of thought into it.
10. Sometimes I paint my nails on one hand and forget to do the other.
11. The Smiths/Morrissey have been my favorite band since I was 16.
12. I tell everyone I have brown eyes, and sometimes they look brown, but from a hand’s distance they’re actually Hazel.
13. I used to hate hate hate being the tallest girl everywhere. Now I love love love it.
14. I’ve purchased or received a camera for a holiday or birthday every year since I was 16. I have 8 1/2 cameras. (My Diana, c.1980, is broken).
15. Sometimes I read graphic novels. And I know how to play D&D.
16. When I was 17 I found a random grey hair. I freaked out for a good 6 months about pre-mature greying. hahaha!
17. I’ve only had 3 boyfriends, all of which lasted about 4 months. Except Joe. (: This will be year 4.
18. I used to live in Branson. As gay as that is, I totally miss living in Southern Missouri. I can’t wait to move in August!
19. I started my obsession with Native Americans when I was pretty little, but it only started to intensify when I realized I could make a career out of studying them about 2.5 years ago.
20. My left shoulder is double jointed.
21. The right side of my jaw is off enter and it pops when I yawn, and sometimes it locks and I can’t open my mouth for days at a time. It’s called TMJ. (Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome)
22. I always forget to turn my flat iron off!
23. I hate wearing pants. I have more dresses and skirts than jeans in my closet.
24. I also have 4 pairs of moccasins. Some tall, some short. Not those slip on kinds, either.
25. I think English Bull Terriers are the coolest dogs everrrrrr. I miss my dog Maverick every time I walk into Target.
26. I have more guys friends than girl friends. I’m real cool with that. But I would still love to have a billion more friends!
27. When I was in fourth grade my reading level was that of a high school senior! But my math skills are soooooooo horrible.
28. Most people in my family have ADD or ADHD. I don’t have either.
29. I do have an inherited heart murmur, though.
30. Most asexual name ever. Sydney Timothy. Sydney- because my parents watched a movie right before I was born with a French Madame in it whose name was Sydney. And Timothy - because I was named after my uncle who passed a few months before I was born. And because I was supposed to be a boy.
Religion. I have a lot of views on religion. It would take me days to cover how I really feel about it. Baptized and Confirmed as a Roman Catholic; but only confirmed because my parents bribed me with a puppy.
"I don’t think I want to be confirmed. I’m not sure if I want to be a Catholic my whole life." - Me, age 13
"You’re not old enough to make that decision." - Parents
"That makes total sense…." - Me
"How about a puppy..?"
"I’M SO FUCKING CATHOLIC!!!" - Me
That’s almost word for word.
I just don’t see the need to ‘be’ a religion. Why does it have to be separated? Don’t all monotheistic religions pray to the same guy? Why hate other religions for having a different title, or book of law? Right now, I don’t consider myself a Christian, but I don’t consider myself faithless, or godless. I just try to make myself be a good person, and do good things, without the thought of, “Will this get me into Heaven?” Most religions follow the golden rule, which is to Treat Others as You Would Have Yourself Be Treated. Simple and beautiful.
Drugs. I think I’ve gone through that phase pretty gracefully, if it was ever to be called a phase. I’ve smoke weed, and I’ve taken ‘shrooms’ before. I can honestly say I’ve never taken anything that wasn’t from the ground. Weed makes me faint- literally. It also makes me paranoid and un-fun. I really don’t see the point in spending money to smoke something that generally causes an un-fun time. On top of that, it smells horrible. I don’t have a problem with smokers, but believe me, I have no problem in saying, “No thank you”. And as for alcohol, looking at my track record,I was not so graceful there.
I will willingly admit that I started drinking in High School because I thought it looked cool. It’s what looked like fun. Everyone I encountered who was drinking looked to be having such a fun time! I didn’t understand how this beverage could make a good time seem great! When I was 17 I got an MIP, Minor in Possession due to Consumption. My friend Alli was driving a group of friends and I home, she was the DD, and we were pulled over by the cops. Obviously they could smell the beer on our breath and we were given citations and our parents were notified of our activities. At 2 in the morning. Not a proud moment for me, and I’m grateful for it. Not only was I grounded for a solid 6 months, but I took a look at where the fuck I was heading.
From a family line of alcoholics I was headed there fast. Getting drunk every weekend, starting at 16, and an MIP didn’t sound like a good future.
I am not substance free, and I do like to drink, but I know when enough is enough and how to have fun without it. I have friends who choose to say away from that lifestyle and we respect each other’s decisions.
I’ve always admired people who had a lot more balls than I did to say no. I think it’s really cool how there is a higher concentration of those kind of people in Franklin County, too.
I didn’t go to the mall. Instead, I took a shower and realized I have a fuckin’ boat load of homework to do!
So I went to Walmart, got some ice cream and am now bunked in for the night reading and writing about the firebombing of Japan. :(Next I have an Asian map to fill in for H.Waters, who looks like a human-turkey hybrid. THENNNN I have 4.5 ch. in Algebra to catch up on.
I want to wear a dress again tomorrow, even though I KNOW it’s gunna be cold. I hate wearing pants so so so much. Ugh.
Listenin’ to Anchor & Braille, I love it!
ps. I also like how Lauren McCaskill is the only person on facebook to follow me and like my posts! haha Thanks, btw!
Going to one of the malls to look for a seasonal job after I take a shower. Hopefully I find one where I don’t have to take out my piercings. That would blow, kinda. And I pinky swear, thumb touch promise not to do ANY shopping while I’m there. This will be difficult. But I might get a pretzel. Maybe.
btw, I cannot wait until Thanksgiving break. Or Christmas break. (:
This weekend was so much fun! I want to re-live it again and again!
Friday - Kelsey up in SLU. Frat parties are lame, but I had fun talking to the Irish exchange student about politics and beers. Hahaha, I couldn’t understand a bit of the stuff he said sometimes, but it was adorable. And I fucking blow peoples minds at how awesome I am at water-pong. Then Kelsey and I have a 4loko (lemon aid) and were pretty in for the night and were humming with caffeine until 3. Then we decided going to Jimmy Johns sounded delicious. And it was. Turkey with Jalapenos was the most ridiculous sandwich I’ve ever eaten.
Saturday - Boyfriend night! His parents made a huge vat of “Apple Pie”, but was basically apple cider, whole cinnamon sticks and 1/5 of EverClear. Pretty tasty, but I only had a few sips of that, and capped off the night with a handful of Pabst, which everyone made fun of me for. This night marked the birth of the Book of Mikey-isms. To give a few examples:
"You better shut up before I come over there and put my face in your mouth!"
"Farts are awesome."
"Joe, I’ll grab you a beer, but first, I’m verbally realizing that your girlfriend is a SAVAGE."
"I’m not gunna date a cheese-face. I don’t care what she looks like, as long as she’s hot."
"I can bob and weave better than Sydney can, but, no, seriously, where are your cigarettes?"
I counted the ways you never solidified my feelings, the way you didn’t say what I needed you to say. I wonder what it would have been like if things… were different. Any thing was different. Meeting, staying, leaving, touching, fighting, yelling, fucking, drinking, and coming together in the end to say why we did things, but only half explaining why.
I’m such a minimalist. You make me crazy. You make me believe in praying. You don’t make me feel anything I don’t want to. I like surprising you. I feel satisfied when you approve of something I make. Mmm, mmm. That feeling; you fill me up, and I just shine. My fingers shake and I feel like detoxing when we’re not close. But I’d rather strangle you half the time. You aggravate me, wind me up, and all I can do is sit there and pout. Sometimes I just want to jump your bones, but I’m too shy and bashful to use my body and admit I have a definite sexual prowess. I wear makeup for you, and I sometimes hope you catch a whiff of my perfume on your clothes or pillow and think of me. You make me crazy. You, you, you.
SPIDERS! I have this immense fear of all things with eight legs. Why? Because they’re fucking gross, they have way too many eyes, and poisonous shits in their bodies. I don’t like a single bit about arachnids. I literally look under my covers every single night to double check for spiders. Hey, shitheads, I live in Missouri; BROWN RECLUSES LIVE HERE. I don’t care if my actions are irrational - rotting skin is irrational. And when my fragile reality of a no-spider-bed is shattered by really finding a spider in my bed I go nuclear on that exoskeletal son of a bitch. So, just to clear up any confusion, I really really really fucking hate spiders. Of all shapes, sizes, species, and variation. That being said, let’s talk about my boyfriend and why he said I was super gay.
This is word for word.
Boyfriend: I think about you all day, and I hope you realize how much I am in love with you. I never want to be Sanz Syd.
Me: There are not enough words in any of the World’s languages to tell you how much I love you. But I’ll try. I would lay in a bed of Spiders for you. (That’s a big deal) btw, If you’re name was Sanz Syd that would be so awesome.